A reminder that I am running an advanced search workshop concentrating on Google on June 28th, venue Reading University.
Topics will include:
- how Google works – what Google tells us and what we have to guess
- latest developments at Google- what’s gone, what’s new, impact on search results
- how Google customises your results and can you stop it?
- how to focus your search and control Google
- Google’s specialist tools and databases
- what Google is good at and when you should consider alternatives
You will have ample opportunity to experiment and try out the techniques for yourself. Exercises are provided to help you test out the search features but you are free to explore and try out searches of your own.
This workshop is suitable for all levels of experience. The techniques and approaches covered can be applied to all subject areas.
Cost: £150 +VAT (Total £180). A limited number of places for unwaged and students are available; please contact email@example.com for further details.
Full details are at Beating Google into submission: how to get better search results http://www.rba.co.uk/training/Google.htm