This free plug in enables you to view and manage your Twitterstream from within Outlook.
Technical requirements are Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 with the latest Service Pack. Outlook 2003 SP3, 2007 SP2, 2010 (32-bit and 64-bit.). Note that TwInbox does NOT work with Outlook Express.
According to the web page, features include:
- Update your Twitter status directly from Outlook.
- Receive your Twitterstream updates in Outlook.
- Archive, manage, group and search your tweets in the same way you manage your email
- Search and track keywords
- Group tweets by sender, topic, etc using the Search feature
- Manage multiple Twitter accounts
- Assign custom folder and categories to new messages
- Use Outlook’s “Reply” and “ReplyAll” commands to send twitter direct messages and @replies
- Automatically sort new tweets into folders
- Shorten URLs with bit.ly
- See graphs of your Twitter usage statistics
I am still experimenting so can’t yet comment on how easy the above are to set up. I shall probably continue to use Tweetdeck as my main application for managing my Twitter accounts on a day to day basis. TwInbox, though, seems to be a quick and easy way of archiving tweets that contain information I may want to refer to at a later date.