This one day workshop offers practical guidance on how to find and evaluate web based statistical, market research and industry information. It will also look at how social and professional networking services such as blogs, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter can be used as sources of information and a as means of conducting surveys. Business specific search engines and how to use advanced search features on services such as Google to focus research are covered.
- sources of statistics
- where to look for both free and fee based market/industry sector information
- using search engines to find market data - tips and tricks
- specialist industry and market data research tools
- social media and professional networks
- priced services: content aggregators versus individual publishers
- conducting your own research and commissioning bespoke research
- how to assess and evaluate the quality of the information
A significant part of the day will be taken up with practical sessions; exercises will be provided but delegates are free to try out searches of their own. This workshop is suitable for all levels of experience. The techniques and approaches covered can be applied to all subject areas.
The workshop leader is Karen Blakeman.
For further information about the course content please contact Karen Blakeman, RBA Information Services, Tel: 0118 947 2256 (+44 118 947 2256)