This one day workshop concentrates on business information sources and in particular key starting points and the so-called "invisible web". The emphasis is on pay-as-you-go and free services. The workshop will benefit anyone who plans to use, or already uses, the Internet for gathering essential business information.
Areas covered include:
- starting points and evaluated listings for business information
- company information: share prices, financials, official information
- newspapers, magazines and alerting services
- how to use social media and professional networks for business intelligence
- official statistics and market data
- essential search techniques
- when "free" is no longer enough
Throughout the day, there will be practical sessions during which you can work through exercises or try out your own research.
The workshop leader is Karen Blakeman.
For further information about the course content please contact Karen Blakeman, RBA Information Services, Tel: 0118 947 2256 (+44 118 947 2256)